When I started this project, I swore if I didn’t get five people engaged by the end of the first story, I’d stop posting. I can make art for my own amusement without the stress of the internet just fine.
Well, that resolve evaporated under the high-wattage fan of but can I understand what went wrong and fix it? What can I learn? Because I can’t leave anything alone. Because curiosity. Because self-torment is fun!
So, here’s go #2, soft-rebooting into what was originally intended to be the second story but is now the first, hoping this fixes some issues of the past:
- focus on characters rather than world-building
- a simplified, less fine-art/painterly style and more traditional comics creation process
- the first story in the series as opposed to a “how did we get to the first story” prelude
- characters from different backgrounds to triangulate the world-building rather than two characters from a similar background expositing it (which I suppose I should have realized would be an issue sooner, but)
If I can get five people engaged this time, I’ll repost an updated version of the original first story as a prelude at some later date.